Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Emergency Room Visit

Ok, so this is my first attempt at blogging. I got this idea from a friend I work with. He bloggs almost everyday and I enjoy reading his blog so I thought I'd give it a try...

Today was not a good day for me. I started my morning in the emergency room with a cluster headache. For those of you who have ever had a headache, still have no conception of the pain. I have had a headache for two weeks and no amount of pain pills will get rid of the pain. Thus my trip to the emergency room. I sat there for two hours only to find out that the great state of SC insurance will not allow the emergency room to see me. I have to get a referal from my family doctor to go to the emergency room! Yes, they will not take me with state insurance. So, I get my wonderful husband to drive me all the way to Greenville to see my doctor. I then have to wait two hours in his office. By this time I was physically sick and about to go find my own drugs on the street. Finally I get in to see him and get some meds. I feel ok now, but have to go see a neuro. in two weeks. So for the next two weeks I will be on wonderful drugs to keep the pain a bay. By the way, there is nothing you can do for Cluster Headaches! So pray you never get one!

No comments: