Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Year, new class, new kids, new partner, new...




Well I think i am finally ready for a time of "new things". I have put it off all summer, but after meet the teacher I am ready. I am excited about my new class. The students were very nice. I don't know what I expected, horns growing out of their heads. ha ha. The parents were very supportive and offered help. I felt blessed. At the end of the evening, I felt like I had a new ministry. I felt this way nine years ago when I left public school to go into christian education. I had that same feeling Thursday night. I had an amazing conversation with one parent that let me know God had a mission for me this year. Several parents let me know how much they appreciated me before the year even began. Three of my students will be a challenge but that is OK. My past experience has prepared me for "such a time as this". God is so good. I can see why I spend time at Cleveland Elementary. I have a student who needs special love. I see why I spent time at Spartanburg Christian Academy. I have a parent who needs that ministry. I also see where my experience at Monanview in Greenville will help me with my Hispanic community. God does have a plan and reveals it in his own time and just revealed a big chunk to me this week. I am truly blessed! Pray for me that I can be an extension of his plan.

No comments: