Friday, July 8, 2011

Getting ready for a Lilly Pulitzer school year...




As I enjoy my summer, I cannot help but think what can I add to my classroom this year.  I am known at my school as "Lilly" of the Beech.  My class room is done in Pink and Green with Lilly everywhere.  I am adding a few accessories to my collection.  First the plaques above are being made into table numbers.  I have four tables in my classroom, thus numbers 1-4 will be added and hung above the table.  On each table will be these buckets.  They have Lilly polka dots on them and hold pencils/pens with ribbons made by Royal-Ribbons-Personalized-ribbon-for-every-occasion.

The tins will sit on their tables to hold pens/pencils and scissors!
Over my desk are Lilly poms and I have made one into a light.  The Big Pink umbrella is a big hit with the kids.  Since our school has Beech in its name, my room fits the Lilly Pulitzer theme perfect.  Notice the curtains and rugs are "Lilly Like"...still searching for the real thing. I have actual science table this year, so I am currently looking for fabric to make table cloths! 
Of course kids love to see themselves, so with the help of my daughter, we mod podge Lilly Pulitzer frames.  I will sit these in the window and let the kids fill them for me. Next on the list is a stool for me to sit on.  BUT  I know the kids will take it from me. haha

This summer I was the winner of a fabulous Lilly package from re-lilly blog spot  Sue has the most wonderful giveaways and I never win. Imagine my surprise when I went to her page and saw this:
NOW FOR OUR 5000 FAN GIVEAWAY WINNER!
The winner of this prize package is..........
DRUM ROLL...............................WE HAD OVER 500 ENTRIES....................
CONGRATULATIONS TO JANICE!

Random.org was used to select a winner!
Of course much of this will adorn my desk and the pencil will so be off limits to my students! I will hang the bulletin board up behind my desk and shall wear the ring everyday.  I am so excited for this package to come.
Thanks again Sue and Olivia for my goodies...checking the mail everyday.



Finally, with any classroom there are bulletin boards. My very creative daughter creates the ocean for me in the hall...

More to come as we craft more projects!

2 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

Can I come hang out in your class?!

You luckyduck! The Lilly prize looks awesome! Congrats!

Tea & Chocolate Guy said...

Wow!! love your classroom ... it will certainly inspire creativity ... lucky students... thanks so much for visiting my corner of BlogLand and following. I am following your blog and will be visiting again soon..xo HHL