Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Summer has officially started...



No more worries...That is my theme of the day.  My computer was down for a day; problem with router but now that is fixed.  First thing I did was check my email.  I have been waiting on my grade from an exam I took last week.  It came.  I actually made an A; good solid A.

It has been quite a few years since I have been back in school.  I take "educator" workshops every summer, but a legit college class is a different story.  Plus having my daughter laughing at me is not a big help.  The first day of class the professor announces he is not happy about having to cram 12 weeks of slides into 4 weeks, but for us not to worry he would get it all in.  Wow...now talk about intimidation.

Well 4 weeks later, I have done 6 discussions, 4 lesson plans and 1 transcription.  Did I mention that this is a Linguistic class, and I don't speak a foreign language.  I have traveled and I am accustomed to dialects and hearing different languages.  NOT the same.  Class was very interesting...it is over and I made an A.

My summer has officially started!  I can read and relax.  We are taking a vacation up North.  Starting in Boston, then Sandwich Ma, and Martha Vineyard.  Of course lots of mini destinations in between.  My travel agent aka: daughter.  is mapping out all Lilly Pulitzer and Vineyard Vine Stores.  I am looking forward to riding the ferry and then riding bikes.  I will post lots of pictures when we return.





Now to enjoy my morning coffee and dream of those sunsets...
I

2 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

Congratulations on your A! Yay you!

Take me on your trip!!

Janice said...

Thanks! I wish we could meet up. Still working on that itinerary.